Some of you have asked about resources on queer femininities and femme identifies, embodiments, and practices.
I’ve uploaded a bunch of resources to the Readings page (scroll down to the bottom).
Also, the books that I passed around in class were:
- Femme: Feminists, Lesbians, and Bad Girls, edited by Laura Harris and Liz Crocker
- Persistence: All Ways Butch & Femme, edited by Ivan E. Coyote and Zena Sharman
- The Persistent Desire: A Femme-Butch Reader, edited by Joan Nestle
- Femmes of Power: Exploding Queer Femininities, by Del LaGrace Volcano and Ulrika Dahl
- Boots of Leather, Slippers of Gold, by Madeline Davis and Elizabeth Kennedy
- Brazen Femme: Queering Femininity, edited by Chlöe Brushwood Rose and Anna Camilleri
- The Femme Mystique, edited by Lesléa Newman