Reelblack Presents EARLY WORK (Philly Edition) 4/22 at Cinedelphia Film Festival
Monday, April 22, 2013, 7:00 PM
REELBLACK presents EARLY WORK
A compilation of student films by Philly-based filmmakers of color, curated by Reelblack.
at PhilaMOCA 531 N. 12th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19123
EARLY WORK features films by Reelblack Founder Mike D, Chinonye Chukwu (AlaskaLand), Rel Dowdell (Changing The Game), Tanya Hamilton (Night Catches Us) and Nadine Patterson (Tango Macbeth). All have gone on to make feature films and will be on hand to discuss how film school and short filmmaking proved to be an integral step in their development. Most of these films have not been shown on the big screen since their original festival runs and are not available on YouTube.
The program will feature:
- THE HARDEST PART (1994, NYU, Dir. Michael Dennis, 11 min, 16mm)
- THE KILLERS (1995, Columbia University, Dir. Tanya Hamilton, 20 Minutes, DVD)
- TRAIN RIDE (1996, Boston University, Dir. Rel Dowdell, 30 min, 16mm)
- RELEASE (2005, London Film School, Dir. Nadine Patterson, 13 min, DVD)
- THE DANCE LESSON (2010, Temple U., Dir. Chinonye Chukwu, 14 min, DVD)